Writing well means getting thoughts, ideas, and facts across in simple and clear language.
This skill helps you get into college and leads to better jobs and pay!
You NEED to keep in mind that...
- Both the ACT and SAT now have a writing requirement.
- Colleges use these scores to assess your writing skills.
- Colleges use the college essay to see how well you write.
- A great application essay can be your ticket into a college or university.
- Solid writing skills are necessary!
- Reading everyday can help you develop excellent writing skills.
So, what can you do now to become a better writer? It's simple!
Write what YOU want!
- Keep a journal
- Keep a blog
- Keep a scrapbook journal
- Write letters
- Write e-mails to friends
- Write poetry, lyrics, or a short story
Read what YOU want!
- Sports magazines, fashion magazines
- Comic books
- Short stories